Just a simple family's experience with the possibility of a child with Trisomy 18

Saturday, February 18, 2012

It's Different


     I feel guilty sometimes because this issue isn't always on my mind. There are days that go by when I hardly think about Trisomy 18--I think about our baby, but not the concerns that my wife feels every hour of every day. For her, every kick from the baby is precious, since we don't know if he'll be active for very long once he's born, if at all. This right now, could be his life, the best part of his life. She's able to share that with him (although I know pregnancy isn't just a walk in the park either), while I get a few reminders, mainly when I happen to be feeling her belly and he happens to kick at that time. Is it different for men and women?      (Well, duh!) Of course. We have our different roles and strengths and feelings. This isn't something that is constantly on my mind, and when I do think about the baby, I force myself to think of all the good times we'll share. I love him already, I really do. I'm grateful that my Heavenly Father has given him to us. I hope to live worthy of the blessing.
     So, yes it's different. But different is good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment